Saturday, May 10, 2014

Entry One: New Girl

Dear Diary,

It's not stupid to be a young adult and have a diary, alright? Whoever tells you that is a liar. It doesn't matter anyway, because no one but me will read this book. Well, maybe my descendants will one day, I don't really know. That would be really cool. Hi future generations of the Thorne family! If you're reading this then, you must be interested in my life. I mean, who wouldn't be? I'm going to be famous one day. (Or maybe in your case I already am). From here on out, if you choose to read this, you will be taking a journey with me through my crazy life in Monte Vista and beyond.

                                                                                                                                       
                                                                       ~One~
Today was was my first day in Monte Vista. My moving van was running late and of course that meant that I would be running late for my meeting with my new boss. Let me backtrack a little. I was chosen from my culinary class to intern in one of the most beautiful bistro's in all of Monte Vista. Monte Vista is practically the food capital of all of the sims towns! I of course told them yes, because I want to be a celebrity chef. So there I was, standing in front of my new work place, out of breath from running in my heels. I was two minutes early. I guess running for trains in Bridgeport really did pay off.

My new boss' name is Camillo Mancini. He dislikes children, so I have to make sure that I'm really mature around him and I don't make any jokes, especially about cooking! I swear he doesn't have a sense of humor. Anyway, he invited me to the local Pizzeria to talk about my new work position. It was pretty empty because of how early it was. Who wants pizza at ten am? I was extremely nervous and I tried my best to hide it by making jokes. Not a good idea.
I couldn't let him think that I didn't take cooking seriously. All I needed was a bad review and I would be blacklisted from every other notable kitchen anywhere! I decided to wow him with some pepperoni pizza. It was risky, considering Monte Vista was famous for their pizza.
But, I didn't come to Monte Vista to play it safe. I was here to show my culinary prowess. I had to wow Mr. Mancini if I wanted a good recommendation from him.
I won't forget what he said to me. "Ms. Thorne, this isn't the greatest pizza I have ever tasted." My heart sunk. Of course it wouldn't be, I was merely just an amateur in this business. "But, it isn't the worst either. I'd say its nice quality. You have so much more to learn but I see why you were chosen to work with us. Keep this up and you might get promoted to having an actual job with us. I expect to see you here Monday with the same drive I saw today. Understood?"

"Yes sir!" 

When he left, I bolted out the back door and celebrated. I didn't want him to think I was acting like a child, but I was excited. He didn't think I was the worst chef ever...AND...he actually saw potential in me! 

After all of that excitement, I had to go unpack my things. I had been saving up money from the part time job I had as a teenager to rent an apartment. Sadly, with paying the mover, buying new clothes for the weather in Monte Vista, and the money I spent on my way here, I had barely any money left over for a nice apartment of my own. I was going to be sharing an apartment with one of the locals. I was a little nervous, but hopefully we'd get along.
Imagine my surprise when a man around my age walked out in some grunge inspired clothing. Not what I was expecting at all.

"You must be Delilah. I'm Garret Kendrick."

My voice deflated. "You're not a local at all!" I was honestly hoping to learn some cooking techniques from a local. Their home made meals would have been different than the meals cooked in a restaurant. 

"Hey now! So what, I'm not a local, it doesn't mean I'm not a super cool room mate."

"I'm s-s-orry!" I stuttered. I mean, I never stuttered, but this guy really caught me off guard. "I was just expecting a local is all. There's uh..nothing wrong with you..or your look." I mentally slapped myself. I seriously told him that I didn't have a problem with his look when nobody was talking about his look to begin with.

"I'm into rock. I get it, nobody here is. It's fine. Just come in."

Already off to a bad start. I tried to tell him that that wasn't what I meant but I ended up just making the situation worse so I stopped talking. 

"This is your kitchen?" I tried not to sound rude, but there was no celebrity chef who cooked in a tiny kitchen like that. I needed more modern equipment.

"For the amount you're paying, what did you expect?" Garret shrugged.

"Ughh." He was right, I was getting this place for a bargain.

I decided to spend the few hours of daylight left by reading a cook book. I was so close to learning a new skill until my train of thought was broken by loud music. Where was that noise coming from?

Outside Garret was playing his guitar. I went outside with the intention of telling him to knock it off.
But once I saw how into it he was getting, I didn't have the heart to stop him. He seemed really comfortable with a guitar in his hands. Why is a rocker out here in Monte Vista anyway? I'm going to wait until he doesn't think I'm an ignorant rock music hating snobby girl to ask him.

He really wasn't half bad. I was enjoying watching him preform. Once he caught sight of me listening though, he quickly put the guitar away and went inside. I want to ask him about that later too.

After that, I spotted Garret eating cereal for dinner. Cereal! Can you believe it?
"Do you always eat like this?"

"Yeah...why?" But imagine him saying that with food dripping from his mouth. This guy is a total slob. I don't know how long we'll last as roommates, considering I'm a perfectionist. 

"There is no nutritional value in cereal. It's all artificially flavored." I tried to tell him.

"It's cheap, convenient and tastes good. I have more important things to worry about than what vegetables I'm eating and nonsense like that."

After that awkward conversation he showed us to our room. Yeah, our room. I was horrified at the revelation.
So I began to argue with him to try to knock some sense into the stubborn guy. There was a Queen size bed and a sleeping bag on the floor.

"What's the problem? There's a sleeping bag on the floor. I'm not asking you to sleep with me or anything. There's just physically no room in this house."

"But, I'm sleeping in a room with some guy I just met today!? Plus, you want me to sleep on the floor!? Is that how you treat your guests?"

"You live here now, so I don't have to treat you like a guest. There's space next to me in this bed. If not, princess, you're stuck on the floor." He smirked at my bewildered expression. What a jerk this guy is.

Yupp, you better believe that I'm going to be sleeping in the sleeping bag tonight. I've got my eye on Mr. Kendrick though, just in case. I'm off to bed, goodnight diary!

~

Well, what did you think of my new story? It's totally different then A Graying World. Let me know what you think of chapter one! 




5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your story! Delilah has an adventure ahead of her, at least she got the job and sorta impressed her boss! The new roommate situation is awkard, yikes !! I wonder if she will still meet a hot Italian guy or if Garrett will be her love interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! Delilah would love a hot Italian guy, and so far, she's not liking Garret so much, but maybe he's a charmer. We'll see!

      Delete
  2. Delilah sounds like she had a pretty successful day at work considering it was her first day. :)
    Mmm... I like Garret's look a lot, LOL, he is very handsome. Aww, haha, poor Delilah though, I did laugh when you wrote that she mentally slapped herself, that was hilarious. Do they not have a couch in their house for her to sleep on? I wouldn't be surprised considering it doesn't seem like they have tons of furniture. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Garret is actually my avatar on the sims forum but with tons of CC and a name change. I actually forgot all about the couch haha!

      Delete
  3. I really like Delilah! I like how see say her boss is very serious so she should avoid telling jokes and yet she still tell one anyway lol Garrett may not be hot Italian but he is very entertaining. I am looking for to read more on what adventures wait ahead.

    ReplyDelete