Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Entry Four: Surprises

It's been a while right? I finally managed to get a chapter out for this. I'm having fun with it :D It's short but thats only because the next part is going to have some action in it that I'd rather not rush by putting it with this one. Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________
Dear Diary,
       It's been a while since I've written, hasn't it? I know I promised that I'd right daily, but I just haven't found the time. It's been almost two months since I've been here in Monte Vista and I can honestly say things have changed. Garrett and I are now actually friends, at least up to the point where we can admit it to each other. I still sleep in my sleeping bag downstairs, because come on. Though, Garret does always offer to switch with me, but I can't. I'm the guest after all. It's his house and he should get a good night's sleep.
I've noticed that he's been a little off lately. He's constantly on the phone, but he always leaves the room if he sees me. I know it's really not any of my business, but could he at least play it off like it's not important? I really want to know what's going on and he's making a point to keep me out of it. No matter how much I ask him to tell  me, he says that I should be worrying about other things, like my job.
          My internship/job will be ending soon. Not too soon, like a couple of days. I still have a few months left. Six months total. I'm already a third of the way through it and I wish the time would go by slower.
 Anyway, one day my boss called me out to Flying V's Coffee house. He said it was urgent business regarding my time here. I of course met up with him and he had some exciting news. I have to admit, I was terrified at what he had to say. We hadn't exactly been on the best terms since day one, but I think as time passed by he saw that I was actually a valuable part of his team. This is what he had to say to me:

"Remember a few months back how Gino Ferrari had returned to cook with us?"

I nodded. Nobody had seen Gino really since he returned. he was either doing television interviews or hanging out with his model girlfriend Jalissa. He was barely ever in the kitchen, but his name alone had made business boom.

"Well, he's been asking me for days who convinced the restaurant to add Tiramisu as a dessert on our menu. He demanded to taste it immediately and we gave him some that was stored and he loved it. Gino Ferrari is very picky, so you should be honored."

My face lit up. "Really!? The Gino Ferrari liked my Tiramisu! No way!" It was true, I had begged Mr. Mancini to let me bake some Tiramisu. It was my specialty. I had just wanted to bake it for one of the dinner parties that reserved the building but Mr. Mancini had decided to add it to his menu. My cooking career has been going great.

"Mhm. You should be proud of your work, Delilah." He gently placed his hand on my shoulder. It was sort of weird, seeing this side of him, but I really didn't care in the moment. Gino Ferrari, THE Gino Ferrari liked my dessert.
After that, Mr. Mancini's interest in me soared. He was constantly in the kitchen coaching me on what I should and shouldn't do, risks I could take and shortcuts. It was really informative and fun. We joked more than we worked half the time. I know what you're thinking, remember the time where he had no sense of humor? Yeah, I guess he does it just can't be about his cooking. Anyway, he invited me out again, similar to our first meeting but this time with flowers. Back track. My boss, Camillo Mancini, gave me flowers. Is that even ok? It's super unprofessional. I'm his young intern. I mean, he's not much older than me but still. But flowers are just flowers. I thought maybe it could be, friendly flowers? A congratulations of some sort?

Nope. Nothing like that. I had been racking my brain about the meaning of those flowers the entire dinner. He had been talking about how impressed Gino Ferrari was with my cooking and honestly, I should have been more excited but my head wasn't in it. Eventually, he asked for the bill and when I headed to leave, he grabbed my arm stopping me in my tracks.

"I can't believe you're not getting the hints," He stated.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"You're a talented cook. You've captured the taste buds of many people here, including a famous five star chef. You put so much thought and effort into your food, yet you don't get it."

"That I'm a good cook?" I asked bewildered.

"You're much more than that," He whispered as he neared my face.

Definitely not ok.  

"Mr. Mancini..."

"Camillo," He corrected.

"Uhmm, Camillo..." I said awkwardly. "This is unprofessional."

"I know, and I can't help it. You're incredible." His lips crashed into mine. It was against everything I believed in. It was morally wrong. My brain was throwing so many logical reasons at me. He was my boss. It was unprofessional. It was so sudden. The worst part about all of this, is that I enjoyed it. The taste of his lips was heaven and I didn't want to say goodbye to him that night but he stroked my hair and told me to think about being with him in secret. At that very moment I knew what I wanted. I crashed my lips roughly onto his before leaving in silence. He had gotten the point. Work is going to be a little more interesting from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment